Lemon and Thyme Polenta Creams
After such a lovely bank holiday weekend spent in the garden, there is nothing better than a sweet treat for all that hard work. Where everything else in the garden is still breaking through the earth, there is some beautiful thyme perfuming the garden every time I walk through.
So it came to mind to try something not so easy but a fresh and herbal sweet treat, when thinking of thyme the scent almost needs something bitter to cut through the perfume and so lemon feels suited to this herb. The crunch of the biscuit and softness of the cream is a perfect pairing.
Great for anyone who may be Gluten-free and to make the recipe vegan, swap the butter for vegan alternatives.
125g soft unsalted butter
110G fine caster sugar
150G gluten-free flour
Zest of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon of fresh thyme
(Makes around 30 biscuits)
For the Cream:
75g soft unsalted butter
Juice of ½ lemon
Zest of 1 lemon
175g icing sugar
1. Preheat the over to 180C / Gas Mark 4 and line tray with baking paper.
2. Beat the butter, rind and sugar until combined and stir in polenta and sifted flour.
3. Shape into circular forms and place on baking sheet, press down in the centre of the form to create an
4. Bake for around 15 minutes, once bakes cool on a wire rack.
5. Once biscuits are cooled its time to add the cream.
6. Mix all the cream ingredients together to create a light and fluffy mixture.
7. Join two biscuits together with the cream mixture, once all have been filled leave to cool in the fridge
for 10 minutes so the cream has a chance to firm up.
And then enjoy, hopefully on a sunny afternoon with a fresh lemonade and why not add a spring of thyme to freshen up your lemonade!
Finish your perfect afternoon, with a Dirt Creative candle to fill the air with beautiful scents from the garden.